Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Sorry the blog hasn't been happening!

So, as you might have noticed, I didn't do a single blog post last week. It has become quite difficult to keep up with a daily post. When I started this blog I had envisioned the students being responsible for posting a couple of times a week, but that has been very hard to accomplish. So I am doing my best to get to it as often as I can. If you check the blog nightly to be sure of homework assignments, please let me know so that I can initial your child's planner, or we can come up with another plan to make sure you know what the homework assignments are.
 
 
On Monday we finished up a science lab that we started on Friday. The students found the mass, weight, circumference, height, volume, and density of an apple.
Then we put all of the apples in a basket and the students attempted to pick their apple out again. They again determined the various properties of the apple to see if they guessed right.
About 50% of the students were able to find the same apple again. Then they got to eat them!
These are our elected classroom student council representatives, Annabel Baldwin and Mayson Hackney!
Last week we had a great time at the garden.
The students enjoyed checking out the oven.
and had a delicious snack.
 
We did an experiment in math, determining student's reaction times.

We then plotted their reaction time with their left hand and their right.


I found a free aquarium on Craigslist so I got it for our classroom and bought a few fish. The first day we had the fish one of them died and about 20 babies were born. The circle of life, right in our own classroom.
 
And Thelma and Louise have been reunited with their mother, Alice.
The boys and girls can now purchase a "degu pass" with the money they have earned. This will allow them to have 20 minutes with the degus in their exercise pen (if they are finished with all of their work of course). Mayson was very happy to be in with the degus.
So was Evan.
 
I look forward to seeing all of you at conferences tonight and tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment